What is Mentorship?
The vision of 222 Ministry at Grace Covenant Church is to be a source of connecting others in a mentor-mentee bond. This relationship will provide a safe environment for people to invest and grow in their relationship with Jesus and stimulate their faith in a way that can be sustained and repeated.
Mentor: How can I support another?
“Go Out” and “Love Big” with your time, energy, experience, and gifts to help another “Grow Deep” in their walk with the Lord.
“It is a joy to spend time in godly fellowship with other men, building the bonds of Christian brotherhood and continuing a cycle of giving that has been such a huge blessing in my life.”
Mentee: How can it help me grow?
“Grow deep” through a safe confidential relationship focused on your personal growth and relationship with Jesus.
“Having the opportunity to be mentored has encouraged me in dark moments, stretched me when I’ve needed it, and revealed God’s unconditional love for me all along the way. I would not have grown as much as I have in the past two years without this beautiful relationship, and I’m immensely grateful.”
222 Ministry Nuts & Bolts
- Mentoring is not equal to discipleship or therapy – mentoring can take many forms.
- Mentors must be at least 21 years old. Mentees under 18 require parental consent.
- Mentees will be paired with mentors of the same gender. Mentee couples will be paired with mentor couples.
- Mentors/mentees will be paired based on the details provided on their submitted interest forms and following prayerful consideration by the ministry leadership team.
- Mentors/mentees will recognize the importance of connecting and investing.
- Mentors/mentees will discuss and agree upon the frequency of visits (2x a month highly recommended), meeting place(s), time and length of visits, and preferred method(s) of communication.
- Mentors/mentees will have regular follow up with a member of the ministry leadership team.
How to get involved:
Fill out a mentee/mentor interest form below or stop by the Information Desk (Grace Main).